2008 | This year’s top 10 eco & sustainability ideas
We’re constantly looking for innovative ways to improve the Springwise experience, and so we’re now introducing BeeLine Reader, a new technology that helps you read more quickly and efficiently. To learn more about BeeLine Reader, an award-winning startup funded by Intel Capital, see BeeLineReader.com.
We’re deviating from our regular schedule to bring you the best new business ideas spotted in the last 12 months—smart concepts that will continue to provide entrepreneurs with plenty of opportunities in 2009. Next up: eco & sustainability. It’s no surprise that the green sector continues to be a hotbed of innovation. Ten of our favourites:
- Ecovative — Instead of Styrofoam, fungus and rice hulls
- Wattson, HomeJoule, Ambient, AlertMe — Visualising energy use
- La Petite Reine — Cargo bikes for greener business deliveries in congested cities
- Green Homes Concierge — Green concierge reduces home’s carbon footprint
- Qurrent — Neighbourhood approach to renewable energy
- RoofRay — Using Google maps to determine a home’s solar potential
- Fiat, Microsoft and Honda — Feedback for greener driving
- Carrotmob — Crowd clout meets eco persuasion
- My Farm, Your Backyard Farmer — Homegrown veggies without the sweat
- Free Green — Free plans for eco homes
Want more? Check out our picks for 10 industries.
Spotted another good idea???
Join our network and earn rewards