2008 | This year’s top 10 media & publishing ideas
We’re deviating from our regular schedule to bring you the best new business ideas we’ve spotted over the last 12 months; smart concepts that will continue to provide entrepreneurs with plenty of inspiration and opportunities in 2009! Featuring both startups and new concepts by established players, here’s our pick of media & publishing ideas:
- MagCloud — Magazine publishing for everyone & every niche
- Faber & Faber — Out-of-print books, printed on demand
- Flat World Knowledge — Open source approach to textbook publishing
- Blurb — Marketplace for book makers
- Kidmondo & BabyChapters — From online baby blogs to printed baby books
- HarperCollins — Publisher hopes crowds will spot next bestseller
- Relay & WWF — All-you-can-read digital magazines
- Random House — Selling books by the chapter
- Kluster — Crowdsourcing platform
- Offbeat Guides, Tripwolf, HSBC & Dorling Kindersley — Personalized travel guides
Want more? Check out our picks for 10 industries.
Spotted another good idea???
Join our network and earn rewards