2008 | This year’s top 10 telecom & mobile ideas
We’re constantly looking for innovative ways to improve the Springwise experience, and so we’re now introducing BeeLine Reader, a new technology that helps you read more quickly and efficiently. To learn more about BeeLine Reader, an award-winning startup funded by Intel Capital, see BeeLineReader.com.
We’re deviating from our regular schedule to bring you the best new business ideas spotted in the last 12 months. We’re convinced that these smart concepts will continue to provide entrepreneurs with plenty of opportunities in 2009! Here’s our pick from the telecom & mobile concepts we covered this year:
- Fonolo — Online service cuts through phone menus
- OpenMoko — Community designs phone, inside and out
- RovAir — Short-term mobile internet for travellers
- Ushahidi — Citizen journalism, from text message to map
- SMS Consumatori — Pricey zucchini? Italian government sends food prices by SMS
- Carbon Diem — Using phones to track carbon footprint
- CitySense — Nightlife mapping tool uses GPS to reveal hotspots
- Peek — $100 device is just for email
- Modu — Modular mobile phone can slip into new roles
- Bellendoejezo — Cell phone workshops by teenage teachers
Want more? Check out our picks for 10 industries.
Spotted another good idea???
Join our network and earn rewards