2008 | This year’s top 10 tourism & travel ideas
We’re constantly looking for innovative ways to improve the Springwise experience, and so we’re now introducing BeeLine Reader, a new technology that helps you read more quickly and efficiently. To learn more about BeeLine Reader, an award-winning startup funded by Intel Capital, see BeeLineReader.com.
We’re deviating from our regular schedule to bring you the best new business ideas spotted in the last 12 months. We’re convinced that these smart concepts will continue to provide entrepreneurs with plenty of opportunities in 2009: introduce them in other markets, or adopt/adapt certain elements, or partner with them. First up: tourism & travel.
- TripKick — SeatGuru for hotel rooms
- Offbeat Guides, Tripwolf, HSBC and Dorling Kindersley — Personalized travel guides
- CheckMeIn — Schedule online check-ins ahead of time
- Lisboa Sensorial — Blind guides take sighted people on sensorial walking tours
- Abilmo — Foldable hotel rooms pop up as needed
- adNav — Ad-supported GPS navigation
- SeeYourHotel — Hotel search tool that’s all about location
- Net-A-Porter & Soho House — Emergency wardrobe service for hotel guests
- Single Spot Camping — Peer-to-peer camping: renting out the backyard
- Miss Refund — Helping travellers reclaim taxes on flights not taken
Want more? Check out our picks for 10 industries.
Spotted another good idea???
Join our network and earn rewards