Careers > Editorial Assistant – paid internship
Location: Central London/Somerset House
Term: (3 months) with potential for full-time position
Hours: Full-time, 35 per week
Start Date: Mid/Late October 2019
Closing Date: 15th October
Springwise Intelligence is looking for a new content pioneer to join our expanding team as an Editorial Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working in a fast-moving digital environment focused on disruptive global innovations and contribute to high-quality digital content, industry research, events and other editorial and marketing activities.
The role will suit a recently qualified graduate with outstanding English writing skills, strong interest in innovation trends and a passion for communicating and presenting complex ideas clearly and compellingly. Multimedia production and digital marketing/SEO skills would be a definite plus.
The successful candidate will support our editorial team in producing incisive and valuable innovation-focused content and helping to deliver a variety of exciting digital projects for our clients. The role will primarily involve researching and writing SEO-friendly articles and long-form traffic-driving features to feed into the website and weekly newsletter. Other tasks will involve digital research, content planning, writing promotional emails, handling customer queries and producing digital assets for reports and social media campaigns.
Springwise is the premiere global innovation hub, discovering and publishing disruptive innovation ideas, reports and proprietary content. Through this information, Springwise inspires a broad range of businesses, governments, universities and entrepreneurs helping to transform how they think and work in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
We are a small team at Springwise, united in our mission and core values. We are always on the lookout for smart, agile people who believe in the power of innovation to promote positive change to join our team.
Our ‘modus operandi’ is very much that of the New Entrepreneur. We work hard in a flexible yet focused environment, believe in the power of the team and are all enthusiastic and excited about the businesses, ideas and entrepreneurs we come in to contact with.
Overall Role and Responsibilities:
The Editorial Assistant will support Springwise in the delivery of high-quality content and other activities related to clients and business development. This position will cover innovations arising from a variety of industries including retail, sport, finance, health, advertising and construction. The intern will work closely with the editorial team to execute content partnerships and ensure comprehensive administrative support to the business. This includes (but is not limited to) innovation scouting, market research, writing content, supporting on lead generation lists, pitch decks and other administrative tasks.
The Editorial Assistant will ensure that the work is always accurate both in content and in writing, optimized according to SEO needs and of the highest quality. The intern will work closely with the Digital Editor to deliver brand voice consistency, execute media partnerships and ensure comprehensive administrative support to the business.
- Research and scouting innovations for potential publication on Springwise.com
- Write assigned innovation briefs and related content for publication on Springwise.com
- Support the editorial team on the delivery of thought-leadership and applied innovation reports, podcasts, events, and other projects commissioned by clients
- Assist in posting content to Springwise-branded social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- General administration, including responding to innovation pitch emails and other queries
- The internship will give the candidate the opportunity to learn more about the innovation landscape and startup ecosystem. The Intern will also have the opportunity to make themselves familiar with editorial processes and use of WordPress during their time here.
- Thirst for knowledge of innovations, technology and market trends
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- A very high level of English spelling and grammar and great copywriting skills
- Strong eye for detail and meticulous proofreading skills
- Highly creative with a passion for writing engaging content
- Positive attitude and ability to work to tight deadlines
- A good understanding of how design and copy work together
- A track record managing your own workload efficiently
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in small teams
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Experience using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and other online platforms
- Experience in writing SEO-specific copy
- Knowledge of video/audio editing software
IT Skills and Experience:
- Computer literacy essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite is preferred but not required
Salary and Other Info:
£1,500 stipend per month for 35 hours per week, with 1-hour lunch, 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays.
This role will be a paid internship for 3 months and might result in a full-time position (subject to the applicant fulfilling all Springwise requirements).
The diverse range of specialisms across our business provide plentiful opportunities to learn new skills, develop your writing talent and get a taste for new areas within digital content production. By joining Springwise you’ll be part of a fun, dynamic and entrepreneurial team in our London office based within the iconic Somerset House.
Justin Sablich, Editor of Springwise
To apply for this role, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your CV
- A list of your favourite sources / newsletters / blogs
- Examples (links or attachments are fine) of recent writing
- In the style of Springwise, submit a brief write-up (no more than 320 words) of a new product, service or marketing campaign that recently caught your eye. Tell us what the key takeaway is (why you think it’s interesting). To get a feel for our style and tone of voice look at our innovations on the Springwise website or sign up to our daily or weekly newsletter.